Upcoming Events › Workshop
Events List Navigation
Looking out over the blue waters of Puerto Vallarta is an arts destination designed to inspire and enable your creativity.
Join us for an incredible Stone Carving Adventure in Puerto Vallarta, MX, taught by renowned Master Sculptor Manuel Palos and Award winning Sculptor Martin Distancia. Manuel Palos is an accomplished master stone carver and architectural sculptor with more than 40 years of experience. His work can be found internationally from private commissions to major public placements including several projects for the City and County of San Francisco. Martin Distancia has taught Plastic Arts and Ceramics at the University of Guadalajara and has received awards for his work in Puerto Vallarta and Guadalajara, MX.
The workshop offers a complete live-work experience in the heart of Puerto Vallarta. Palos Studio is a fully equipped sculpture and visual arts studio attached to the warm and inviting Casa Alexandra, a charming and comfortable guest home complete with 7 bedrooms and swimming pool.
- Individual and group instruction.
- Technical support and assistance from skilled professionals.
- Tour of art galleries and visit to bronze foundry in Puerto Vallarta.
- Lodging in comfortable guest rooms decorated in traditional Mexican décor. All rooms have ceiling fans, private bath, daily housekeeping.
- Single or double occupancy
- Breakfast and lunch on workshop days. Vegetarian upon request. Water included with your stay.
- Airport transportation.
- Welcome Dinner.
Features and Benefits
- Ample studio space with natural and enhanced lighting.
- Full access to materials and equipment including pneumatic and electric tools.
- Imported and domestic stone available for purchase on site.
- Close to boardwalk and beach. Conveniently located in downtown Puerto Vallarta.
- Rooftop patio with breathtaking views of Banderas Bay.
- Free WIFI and Vonage Long distance phone calls.
- Assistance with planning additional activities such as onsite massage appointments and outdoor recreational activities.
- $180 per day for instruction, studio use, and double occupancy lodging.
- Assistance with crating $25 USD per hour.
- Private instruction $50 per hour.
- Single supplement additional $150 per night.
- $500 non-refundable deposit.
“Manuel is a joyful and generous teacher. He helps me to see and gently and clearly guides me through my sculpture process. He has taught me when and how to switch from hand carving to using pneumatic tools. When I wanted to learn to scale up from a model and make a mold he gave me the clay and took me step-by-step through the mold making process. He gets involved in my work without intruding and helps me to realize my ideas. I relish my time in Manuel’s class. I’ve learned a great deal, a day at Manuel‘s studio enhances the entire week.”
“Great experience! This is a very inspirational studio to work in. Just the feeling you get as you work the stone is an experience all in itself. Martin and Alexandra were very gracious hosts and made us feel very welcome. Martin’s expertise was beyond anything that we expected. Just watching him work was very much a terrific treat. Our overall experience here was wonderful. Thank you for letting us share space with you. We look forward to returning soon.”
Palos Studios and Casa Alexandra Photos